Saturday, January 18, 2014

Who still wears K-Swiss?






       Alex Wiley is an up and coming rapper from Chicago (V's Up) who has been quietly gaining more ground in the hip-hop community through his distinctive rapping style, and unique and surprisingly good singing ability.  On his one and only mixtape titled "Club Wiley" you will be happy to find features from the likes of Vic Mensa, Chance the Rapper and Kembe-X, who are long-time friends of Wiley ( Chance and Wiley went to the same Elementary School).What I like most about Wiley is his attitude and the persona he puts forward while rapping. You can tell by listening to him that he takes his music seriously, but still knows how to have fun with it and joke around. The first of the two tracks that I'm showing you is a perfect example of him having fun, as he literally just repeats one funny but slightly offensive phrase during the duration of the 3:15 song. If I had to describe "K-Swiss" by Alex Wiley, I would say that it is one of the best bad songs that I've listened to. I definitely wouldn't classify it as a great or profound song, but for some reason I find myself going ham to this track on the daily. The second track I'm showing you, called "Earfucked", is completely different from the first. This track starts with an awesome Arctic Monkeys sample and seamlessly transitions into a hard ass beat guaranteed to bump in the whip. Throughout the track, Wiley continuously hits you with a relentless array of bars and singing that when paired with the beat make for a hard hitting,  high energy great song. Check out both tracks, and download his mixtape here http://www.djbooth.net/index/albums/review/alex-wiley-club-wiley  if you like what you hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment