Tuesday, August 13, 2013

You're the only girl that I have ever wanted.....

This beautiful arrangement  is by the rapper Childish Gambino aka Donald Glover or that black dude on Community. He's been around for awhile but people still aren't really hip to his stuff. He's one of the few rappers where I can say that I like 90% of the stuff that they put out. Although this is pretty different from his usual stuff, I'm surprised that this song wasn't that popular off of his album. In my personal opinion, this is one of the better tracks on Camp. I mean, the production is beautiful, you don't hear a string part like that in a regular rap album (just saying). Apart from the background, the lyrics are great too. The whole song is about a drunk guy confessing his feelings to the girl he loves, who doesn't like that?  I also like how the music goes a long with the lyrics in a way. As Gambino gets more into what he is saying as he's professing his love for this girl, the music gets louder and feels more tense, then dies back down after he's done. This song is definitely one for the ladies, and if you still live in the 80's and you think making an "I love you" mixtape is a good move, this would be a good addition.  I would definitely checkout this song, and all of Childish Gambino's stuff. 




      

No comments:

Post a Comment