Thursday, July 31, 2014

Couldn't Be Forever





Continuing with the theme of underrated southern rappers, Big K.R.I.T can't go unmentioned. Hailing from Mississippi, this dude is the epitome of modern day southern rap, a genre that I believe is very undervalued now a days. Rap from the south and driving a car go together like peanut butter and jelly.  My favorite song by K.R.I.T just so happens to be a prime example of this connection. I love this song, I honestly don’t think I can stand still while listening to it, and when it’s played in the ride all bets are off. The track is off his mixtape “4EvaNaDay” and continues to be my favorite song. It starts out with him rapping over this soulful sample and as so as that hook comes in you know it’s about to go down. It pains me to know that people aren’t hip to this dude because he’s awesome. The reason why I respect him is because he literally does everything himself. He makes his own beats and writes own raps, something that some big name rappers now a days can’t do at all. Be on the look out for his upcoming album Cadillactica.

No comments:

Post a Comment